Do you love tasks related to data management? Statistical analyses? Leveraging those skills to inform programs and policies for young children and their families? Then we welcome you to apply to be our new full-time Research Programmer/Database Analyst. We are looking for someone who can assume responsibility for a range of tasks related to data management and statistical analyses.
This person will:
- Work closely with our database analyst, senior statistician, IT staff, public agency partners, doctoral students, and PhD-level researchers to manage administrative records and conduct applied analyses.
- Support the development of the CDN’s linked administrative database by assuming responsibility for SQL tasks, including the preparation of raw data extracts received from agency partners for record linkage (e.g., coding, cleaning, standardizing).
- Support the preparation of analytic files for researchers at the CDN, including harmonizing variables across years, developing coding protocols for derived fields, supporting meta-data documentation, and running descriptive statistics and multivariable models.
- Contribute to the development of data and research products (e.g., metadata, technical reports, empirical papers).
They will be expected to have the following technical skills:
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, computer science, or related field.
- Advanced skills in programming and experience in database management.
- Sufficiently detailed understanding of statistical software (Stata/SAS/R) to effectively collaborate with the CDN research team.
Candidates should enjoy working both independently and collaboratively in an academic environment, possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks, and have an interest in applied and policy-focused research.